Prayer and the Bible as our foundation
(2 Timothy 3.16-17; Revelation 22.18-19; Ephesians 6.18;1 Thessalonians 5.17)
Nurturing Spiritual Growth
(Galatians 6.22-23; 2 Peter 3.17-18; 1 Corinthians 12 and 14)
(John 1.1-4; 4.24; 14.6; James 2; Mark 10.13-15)
Sharing the Love of Christ
(John 3.16-17; 13.34-35; James 1.27; Matthew 22.37-39;1 John 3.18)
Unity in the Midst of the World
(Ephesians 4.3-6; Romans 12; 15.7; 1 Corinthians 12)
Post World War II, the city of Harrisburg is rapidly expanding. The populace is moving out into the suburban townships and boroughs. The American Baptists of the city churches saw a need for expanding the ministry to reach into the growing area of Colonial Park.
Under the guidance of Rev. Charles Baldwin a group of 23 men, women, and children met to organize a church and Sunday school. Services were held in the Poplar Gardens Country Club in Colonial Park.
By Easter of 1954, with 50 charter members, the church was established as part of the American Baptist group Churches for New Frontiers. Representing nine different denominations, members laid the cornerstone for the new church building in November 1954, exactly one year after the organizational meeting.
This community church became and remains a source of spiritual strength in the area, providing fellowship for those seeking Gods presence and will for their lives, opportunity for Christian education and Character development, and a channel through which to reach out for good to all the earth.
The Colonial Park Community Baptist Church a place where people of diverse backgrounds worship God and serve Christ in one common thought and purpose, has as its motto:
"In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; In diversities, love; In all things, Christ first.